If you are an iPhone 15 user and recently have felt that your device is acting strange due to overheating, say no more. In this blog, we’ll give you suggestions that come directly from the experts at the local phone repair shop in Hamilton and get your issue sorted out.
Our tricks will help you cool your iPhone and keep it safe from overheating. Allow us to discuss the causes of the problem and their solutions to keep your iPhone 15 running smoothly.
What Causes Your iPhone 15 to Overheat?
iPhone 15 is a recently launched gadget, and why is this new technology acting like this? No, there is no problem with your device. Your iPhone 15 is an excellent smartphone, but sometimes, it works a little too hard, leading to its overheating. Here are some reasons that can cause your cell phone to act in this way.
The apps that take lots of charge to run, like some games, can be one of the reasons behind your iPhone 15 heating up.
High temperature or direct sunlight can be harmful to your device.
Sometimes, software bugs or unnecessary apps running in the background can lead to overheating of your iPhone.
Tricks to Avoid Overheating Your iPhone 15
We’ve made you a list that can help you sort out your iPhone 15’s heating-up issue.
Reduce Usage and Close Apps
The first thing to do is turn off all unnecessary apps to reduce the pressure on the device and lift some workload from it.
Limit the Apps
Go into the settings of your iPhone 15 and open the Screen Time option. You’ll see the content and privacy restrictions choice. Please open it and then restrict some of the apps from working in the background excessively.
Doing so will reduce the workload of your iPhone 15 and lead to the prevention of overheating. Through this, you can also preserve resources like battery, CPU, and GPU. Restricting will keep your device cool and running smoothly.
If you have a habit of continuously playing lots of games, take breaks to prevent excessive heat from building up. Breaks are important for your device because when you use apps that require lots of CPU and GPU, they give off lots of heat. Allowing your device to rest will reduce the production of heat and keep your iPhone cool.
Other than giving breaks to your iPhone 15, activate low-power mode on it, install the clean master app, and optimize your phone on a daily basis. This app will shut down all the apps that can cause overheating.
Update your iPhone 15’s software to get rid of software bugs and make sure your phone is running the latest iOS version. Keep checking on software updates. You can do so by opening the settings app.
- In the settings app, open the general menu.
- Scroll down to the software update option.
- Check for updates.
- If there are any available updates, tap on the download and install option.
- To put this act into action, you need secure wifi and sufficient battery.
Your iPhone will take 15 minutes to 1 hour in general to update, but external factors like poor Wi-Fi connection can lead to delay.
An update can bring multiple benefits to your phone. Some of them are listed below.
- Fix software bugs.
- Add new features.
- Enhance security.
- Reduce the risks of compatibility issues of the iPhone 15 with the latest apps.
- Improve the battery life to make your iPhone last longer.
- Add app updates to keep up with the new iOS version.
- Include better privacy control options.
- Bring changes to the user interface change, like in the designs, and add new settings.
Cons of not updating
If you don’t update your iPhone 15 for a long period, it will cause some glitches, and your device will not give you its best performance. It may result in the following issues.
- Your iPhone might face an overheating problem.
- Its performance will be slow.
- There will be a higher risk of losing your data.
- Software bugs will take over your system, resulting in the overheating of your device.
- There will be higher security risks, too.
To avoid all of the listed issues, make sure to update your iPhone whenever iOS adds one.
Keep it Cool
Do these things to keep your iPhone cool.
- Please don’t keep it in direct sunlight.
- Make sure your iPhone 15 is getting good airflow.
- Don’t cover it with clothes or objects.
- Give your device breaks to cool it down.
Remove the Case
If you are using a heavy and fancy phone case, remove it because such cases can trap heat and result in overheating of your iPhone. To replace a case, you should follow these steps.
- Power off your iPhone to ensure safety during the removal process.
- Start removing the phone case from a corner, and don’t put in too much pressure to avoid any damage to your phone.
- Remove the iPhone from the old heavy case, and now add a thin and breathable phone case.
Take care of the health of your iPhone’s battery. To check the health of its battery, follow these steps.
- Go inside the settings app.
- There, you’ll find a battery option.
- Open it, and you’ll find a battery health option inside.
- Through this, keep a check on the health of your battery on a daily basis.
- If it is not well maintained, then get it repaired at a local phone repair shop in Hamilton.
By Following these steps fix iPhone 15 battery draining issues and make your iPhone battery health last longer.
Turn off Some Services
Usually, the iPhone 15 has GPS and location running all the time. Manage these apps by limiting their use to when you need them. You can do so by following these steps.
- In the settings app, you’ll find a privacy option.
- Inside the privacy menu, there is a location services choice at the top.
- Turn off the location services, and it will shut off the GPS and other location-related apps, too.
- Next, you limit the apps by scrolling down in the location services menu.
- There will be a list of apps related to location, and you can decide whether you want them to stay shut all the time or ask whenever you need them to work.
- Personalize the settings of these apps according to your requirements.
If all the tips above don’t bring any change to your iPhone 15, the last choice is to reset all the settings. Don’t worry. Resetting will not cause a change to your data. It will stay the same. You’ll find this option by following these steps.
- Open the settings app.
- Open the general menu.
- Scroll down till you find the reset option.
- Inside, you’ll come across resetting all the settings choices.
- Tap on it, and it will ask you to confirm.
- Confirm the option, and now your iPhone setting is set to default.
Allow Professionals to Help
After you’ve tried all the above things and there is still no progress in your iPhone 15’s overheating issue, visit your local phone repair shop in Hamilton. Their skills will help you out even when your iPhone has no warranty.
Get Your iPhone 15 Running Cool Again with Us
At your local phone repair shop, Evo Repairs in Hamilton, OH, we’ll fix your iPhone 15 in no time. Don’t let overheating slow you down. Visit us for professional repair services and say goodbye to your iPhone concerns. Get your cool iPhone back today.
Q: Why is my iPhone 15 getting so hot?
A: Your iPhone 15 is getting overheated, possibly because of either a hardware issue or a software bug. Other reasons can involve over-exertion, lack of ventilation, and many more.
Q: Did the iPhone 15 overheating issue get resolved?
A: Yes. Recently, Apple admitted the issue and, in its next update, made changes to resolve the iPhone 15 overheating issue. If, in the past, the device was getting heated up due to a software bug, now it won’t.
Follow these steps to cool down your iPhone 15 or get it repaired from the phone repair shop in Hamilton. Maintain the optimal temperature of your iPhone and keep it running without any difficulty. Say your byes to your overheated device and welcome the cooler version with our help now.